Seabrook Point Property Owners Association
Minutes of the Board Meeting
Monday, January 30, 2012
Present: Al Truesdale, President; Alan Daigle, Treasurer; Gary Swank, Secretary; member-at-large; Lorrie Smith Absent: Christa Emminger,
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm at the home of Al Truesdale.
Al Truesdale presented the agenda for the meeting. The agenda was approved. The minutes of the December 12, 2011 meeting were read and accepted as presented.
Alan Daigle reviewed the financial report from Bundy for the period ending December, 2011. The report was approved as presented. The board discussed those homeowners who are in arrears for regime fees or lawn maintenance. Appropriate actions will be taken to collect these monies.
- Report from the Covenants Revision Committee- Christa Emminger was absent, and no meeting has been held.
- March 12, 2012 Annual Meeting- All the forms have been prepared except for the ballots. Al Truesdale will make the forms. Gary Swank will create a recap of the Association’s activities for 2011. Christa and Alan are up for re-election. Alan has stated that he will not serve again. Al Truesdale has had difficulty in getting members to volunteer for nominations.
- 2012 Budget- the board reviewed Alan’s proposed budget. New gravel needs to be put down in the dock’s boat ramp area. $500 was added to the landscaping budget for these repairs. The board approved Alan’s revisions and will present the budget to the community in March.
- Dock and post repairs- Gary Swank reported that the dock will need a re-coating of wood preservative, and outlined the approximate cost of materials at $1200. There are also two decorative posts in the dock area that are rotted and must be replaced. The board has set Saturday, May 12th for a community work date.
- Roads Commission- No meetings have been held. The roads are starting to show wear, chipping and eroding along the edges. Al has proposed that a meeting of this group meet in the very near future to address some of these problems.
- Renew Gravel at boat landing- As previously detailed, this will be addressed. The estimated cost is included in Alan’s 2012 budget forecast.
- Renew Martin Landscaping Contract- Martin has re-submitted his bid with no increase in price. The board has approved Martin’s firm for 2012 landscaping and maintenance.
- Community Dock- May 12 has been set to re-coat the dock and replace two posts.
- County January meeting regarding city water for the northern Beaufort County area- The county plans to incorporate the Stuart Point area in the near future, but there are no plans to include the Seabrook area at this time.
The next board meeting will be called if Christa holds a meeting of the Covenants and by-laws committee, prior to the annual March meeting.
There being no further business before the board, the meeting was adjourned at 6:53 p.m.
Gary Swank, Secretary