May 2013 Minutes of the Seabrook Point POA Board

Board Meeting of May 20, 2013

Board members present: Al Truesdale, Ed Pardue, Gary Swank, Christa Emminger, and Alan Daigle. Kevin May, head of the Architectural Control Committee, joined the board for review of  ACC issues.

Al Truesdale called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m. at his home. Al then introduced the agenda, which was approved.

Minutes of the board meeting of April 14, 2013 were read and approved.

Ed Pardue presented the April 2013 Financial reports from Bundy. Ed presented a recap of income and expenses for April. His recap is attached. Ed’s statements were approved as received.

ACC Committee- Recently, one of the property owners has begun construction of an outbuilding without seeking ACC approval or a building permit from the county. Kevin May related that he has repeatedly tried to contact this owner regarding this issue, without success. The county has put a stop order on their construction and the association will assess a $500 fine, but Al does not want the association to appear punitive in its actions. Christa feels that the ACC guidelines should in some manner be incorporated as part of the restrictive covenants. Al thanked Kevin May for his handling of this and other ACC issues.

Security Cameras– The vote on installation of security cameras was tabled at the annual March meeting, due to objections that arose at that meeting. We had asked for responses from the community, and have had few [four], albeit positive replies. As of June we will discontinue asking for responses if we have no further responses.

Signs– Alan has repaired the community signs that were in disrepair; our appreciation to Alan.

Clean-up, fix-up dates– June 15th has been selected as the tentative date to trim bushes at the entrance.

Community Dock– Gary Swank reported that one decorative post at the dock needs to be replaced. Ants are hollowing it out and it is loose (probably rotted) in the ground. Gary will create a new replacement for it.

Covenant Revision Committee– making progress in review; they still have to review land use and ACC guidelines as part of the project.

Lots to be mowed– All vacant lots are currently being kept up without any legal actions needed.

Parked equipment violations– We have notified those who have campers and construction equipment that they are in violation if they leave equipment parked in a conspicuously noticeable location. Boats are, at this point, not part of that restriction.

Al Truesdale filed a lien on ______ property on April 12th, 2013, on behalf of the SPPOA to attempt to collect the past-due assessments. A copy of the lien that has been filed was sent to ______ by registered mail on April 30th.

With no further business before the board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

The next meeting of the board will be on July 15th at 6 p.m. at the home of Gary Swank.

Respectfully submitted,

Gary Swank,|
SPPOA Secretary

April 2013 Minutes of the Seabrook Point POA Board

Board Meeting of April 15, 2013

Board members present: Al Truesdale, Ed Pardue, Gary Swank, Christa Emminger. and Alan Daigle

Al Truesdale called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m. at the home of Ed Pardue. Al then introduced the agenda, which was approved.

The board then elected officers for the 2013-2014 year. Al Truesdale was elected president, Alan was elected vice-president, Gary Swank was elected secretary, Ed Pardue was elected treasurer, and Christa Emminger was elected member-at-large.

Minutes of the board meeting of February 28, 2013 were read and approved.

Ed Pardue presented the March 2013 Financial reports from Bundy. Ed presented a recap of income and expenses by month. Ed’s statements were approved as received.

The board reviewed the  March, 2013 annual meeting.

The vote on installation of security cameras was tabled at the annual meeting, due to objections that arose at that meeting. Al suggested that we perhaps hold a forum to review the issue in depth, and if there is not sufficient interest, we could cancel the tabled motion at the next annual meeting. Christa suggested that we send a letter to the community to determine further interest. Al Truesdale agreed to draft and send a letter on this issue to the association.

The board set the following goals for the 2013 year:

-Completion of the SPPOA Covenants
-Maintenance of absentee owners’ lots
-Maintenance of the community property
-Collection of fees due the community

The issue of bringing city water into Seabrook Point is being investigated by Margaret Bukkosy. The Board of Directors will not take a position. There has been no community-wide expression of interest in this issue. Margaret Bukkosy will meet with the Board in June [scheduled for July 15] to review her findings.

The Covenant Revisions Committee- Christa Emminger advised the board on the ongoing process of revising the covenants.

Street signs and other repairs- We need to schedule a clean-up day for the community. We may also need to replace the entry sign at the dock [will be repaired by Alan Daigle]. Gary Swank will check with sign makers for a quote on sign replacement. Gary will also check the decorative posts at the community dock for rot.

Al Truesdale filed a lien on _____ property on April 12th, 2013, on behalf of the SPPOA to attempt to collect  ____  past-due assessments. Al plans to send a copy of the lien to ______.

A lien has been previously filed on the property of _______ in an attempt to collect past-due fees and fines. The board is awaiting a hearing regarding this issue before the Court Magistrate, which should be forthcoming shortly.

A letter will be drafted and sent out regarding the responsibility for maintenance of unimproved lots owned by absentee owners.

With no further business before the board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 p.m.

The next meeting of the board will be on May 20th at 6 p.m. at the home of Al Truesdale.

Respectfully submitted,

Gary Swank,
SPPOA Secretary