May 2 Minutes of the Seabrook Point Property Owners Association Board of Directors

Minutes of May 2, 2016 Board Meeting
Attendees: Zach Curry, Steve Bukkosy, Cliff Dey, Seth Howard, Janice Powell, and Bob Roth.

The meeting was called to order at Zach Curry’s house at 6:30 PM. The Board approved the agenda and the minutes from the December 14th meeting.

Old Business
Property management: Bundy has assigned a community manager, Todd Keyserling, to work with the Board. Todd has identified several significant covenant violations. The Board has informed the property owners and will follow up. In most cases the community depends upon the willingness of property owners to abide by the covenants and restrictions. Board decided as a matter of policy that, rather than litigation, the best approach to community management is person-to-person contact to inform property owners of violations, with formal complaints and litigation only if necessary.

Covenant rewrite update: Bob Roth has analyzed and published the results of the covenant survey. He will incorporate the comments into the existing draft and publish a new draft in May. There are two remaining areas to complete: (a) a means of penalizing violations, perhaps via a schedule of fines, and (b) what to do about long-standing, existing violations.

Improved security for the boat ramp and dock area: The gate and fence have been installed and appear to reduce unwanted traffic as intended.

Dock treatment: The dock has been cleaned and treated.

As the number of families with children grows, speeding within the community becomes more serious. Bob All and Janice Powell had suggested various “traffic calming” solutions including portable radar stations and speed humps. The Board found the radar stations too expensive and agreed that speed humps would likely not be accepted by the community. Seth Howard will ask the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department if there is any way for the Sheriff to assist us (perhaps if the Board provided photographic evidence of speeding).

New Business

The primary purpose of the meeting was to transition newly elected members to the Board. The Board formally commended Bob All and Janice Powell for their contributions and outstanding service to the community over the past two years. Based on expected extensive travel, Cliff Dey requested that he be allowed to relinquish his position as Treasurer. Steve Bukkosy was unanimously elected to replace Cliff. The Board agreed that Zach Curry should remain as President, and that Bob Roth should remain as Secretary.

Bob Roth provided a DVD containing archives of the SPPOA to all Board members and will provide email records in the near future.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM. The next meeting has not yet been scheduled.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Roth, Secretary
Seabrook Point Property Owners Association

August 22 Minutes of the Seabrook Point Property Owners Association Board Meeting

Minutes of August 22, 2016 Board Meeting

Attendees: Zach Curry, Seth Howard, Steve Bukkosy

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm at Zach Curry’s house. The Board amended the agenda to include nomination of the SPPOA Treasurer. The amended agenda was approved, as were the minutes of the May 2nd Board Meeting.

Old Business

Property Manager
The Board agreed to continue to use Bundy Asset Management as a property manager on a month-to-month basis.

Speeding
The Board has evaluated several actions to reduce speeding in the community and has not been able to find a long-term solution that will be effective, economical, and acceptable to the community. The issue has been tabled.

Lot 49
The owner of 38 Whale Branch has requested removal from the Seabrook Point Property Owner’s Association and the governing covenants. The Board will get legal counsel regarding the options for Lot 49. Zachary Curry will take this for action.

New Business

Community Marketing
There was discussion on a comprehensive analysis by a real estate professional to give recommendations on how to market the community and what the community can focus on to maintain property values and competitiveness with other area communities. Seth Howard will take this for action.

Nomination for SPPOA Treasurer
Seth Howard was nominated and approved as SPPOA Treasurer.

Roads Commission
There is a need for one road commissioner. No names were provided, but the board was encouraged to find nominees.

Board Nominations
There will be four open board positions to fill in 2017. The board discussed the need for nominees.

Budget
Seth Howard provided a review of the SPPOA budget year to date. Nothing significant to report.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm. A date for the next meeting was not set.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Bob Roth, Secretary
Seabrook Point Property Owners Association

2017 Community Meeting on Monday, April 17 at 7 P.M. Watch Your Mail for a Meeting Package.

The 2017 Seabrook  Point  Property  Owners Association  Annual  Meeting  will  be held  from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on April 17, 2016, with registration from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites at 2225 Boundary St, Beaufort, SC 29902. Click here for a map. Turn left immediately after entering the hotel. The meeting will be in Salon A, on the right at the end of the hall with the meeting rooms.

Directions to the Meeting Room

Directions to the Meeting Room

Please try to attend and take an active part in your association and community.

We need you to return the enclosed proxy even if you plan to attend so we can verify a quorum (51% of the properties represented in person or by proxy) prior to the meeting.

You can return the proxy (and data base changes, if any) by mail in the included self-addressed stamped envelope, in an email to bob@18whalebranch.com, by fax to (919) 846-1431.

Your package contains a unique, private userid on the bottom right of your mailing label, and is the same one previously used during prior mailings. You can use this id to login to the Seabrook Point website.

After you log in, you will see a set of links to the documents in the meeting package and a form containing your current directory information. If your data base information is incorrect or incomplete, change it and click on Continue. Bob Roth will make the changes in our data base and send you a confirmation email.

If you do not receive your meeting package by mail prior to 3/24/2017, please let Bob Roth know.